This is the fifth article in Hallswoods recycling series and this will be a quick one 😊 There are 5 relevant recycling schemes for this category and if you want to help us even more please separate the recycling into these categories before bringing them to us.
16. All writing instruments (except for wooden pencils and chalk) are accepted: Any brand of pen, felt tip, highlighter, marker, correction fluid pot, correction tape, mechanical pencil and eraser pen regardless of their composition. BOTH FUNCTIONING AND NOT FUNCTIONING.
Please note that we do not accept glue sticks, batteries, crayons, erasers, rulers or other cutting objects. Could I add that this is a scheme that I think every single work place should sign up for. Put a box or a bag in the office and tell everyone to put their pens etc there when they “die”!
17. Ink cartridges. Only cartridges NOT toners!
18. Stamps – any used stamps are welcome.
19. Rags. Please make sure that your collection point is happy to accept rags before bringing them there!
We can accept pretty much anything fabric: old underwear, odd socks, broken shoes, tired bed linen…. Simply put in a separate bag and clearly mark it RAGS. If you have large amounts please bring them directly to one of our charity shops. We are also very happy to accept any clothes, bric-a-brac, shoes, electrical items (not printers, old style TVs, and they have to be functioning!) but these have to be brought to one of our shops.
20. Foreign coins. What it says on the tin really 🙂 Please, as with everything, keep it separate in a bag to help us sort.
Thank you for helping us help them and save the world at the same time 🙂