If you have any questions about TerraCycle please email: email@example.com
Please reduce the waste that goes to landfill and help animals at the same time!
!!!Everything must be PRE-SORTED into the numbered categories !!!
Please scroll through our list and to see which locations you can take these items to. If you are unsure of an item, please check with us first as we get an awful lot of rubbish we don't want and it costs us time and money to dispose of it. We can NOT accept recycling in any of our shops or at the sanctuary!
HALLSWOOD ANIMAL SANCTUARY – RECYCLING SCHEMES
PRE-SORT ITEMS INTO SEPARATE GROUPS AS BELOW
1. ANY BRAND of crisps, Hula Hoops, Quavers, Skips, etc including multipack packaging.
2. ANY BRAND of popcorn, pretzels, twiglets, peanuts and other nuts.
We do NOT accept the following; cheese strings, fridge raiders, pork scratchings, dried fruit packets, granola/cereal bags, noodle/rice bags, seed packets or nutrient powder and topper packets.
3. ONLY Pringles brand, tube including the lid and foil top.
4. Plastic air freshener containers, fragrance twin pack plastic sleeves, flexible stain remover packaging, flexible packaging from dishwasher salt bags, plastic air freshener cartridge caps, plastic car air fresheners (NOT electrical), flexible cleaning wipes packaging used for home cleaning, flexible laundry pods, capsules and dish washer tablets packaging.
We do NOT accept aerosols, glass air freshener cartridges, transparent bottles, caps other than ones from TINTED conditioner bottles, other flexible wipe packaging like baby wipes or trigger spray tops from cleaning products.
5. ANY BRAND of floss containers and outer packaging, plastic toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes and caps, electric and battery-operated toothbrush heads, plastic toothbrush outer packaging and toothpaste cartons.
We do NOT accept floss, inter-dental brushes or toothpicks, toothbrushes NOT made from plastic, mouthwash bottles.
6. ANY BRAND of the following beauty items, caps, pumps and trigger spray heads from beauty and personal care products, plastic pots and flexible tubes from beauty and personal care products, flexible plastic wipe packaging (NOT BABY WIPES) and plastic roll-on deodorants.
We do NOT accept glass containers, baby wipe packaging, ridged plastic bottles, aerosols, metal bottles or make-up boxes.
7. ANY BRAND plastic chocolate or sweet pouches and bags, individual chocolate bar wrappers, chocolate and sweets multipack outer plastic packaging and plastic chocolate block wrappers.
We do NOT accept chocolate tins, the individual wrappers from chocolate tins, ice cream wrappers, foil or paper packets or cardboard tubes.
8. All parts of Kinder products such as the aluminium foil packaging, rigid plastic packaging, individual wrappers and the flexible plastic packaging and yellow egg case.
Please note that we can NOT accept aluminium foil from other products.
9. ANY BRAND cracker wrappers, any savoury biscuit wrapper that would include Mini Cheddars or Tuc, all brands of cake wrappers and non-savoury biscuit wrappers (including Penguin bars) and muesli and granola bar wrappers (NOT granola and cereal bags! Just the small snack bars).
We do NOT accept the plastic individual small trays or aluminium tins that come with some cake bars, neither do we accept the packaging around things like crumpets or pancakes.
10. ANY BRAND of Hard Cheese plastic packaging e.g. Cathedral City (not soft cheese foil)
11. ANY BRAND stretchy plastic bread bags.
We do NOT accept any cellophane or paper bread bags, no crumpet, rolls or bagel bags. Neither do we accept other stretchy plastic bags such as fruit/veg bags, frozen food/fruit, chips etc ONLY bread.
12. ANY BRAND baby food pouches, baby food caps and snack packets. Please remove as much food residue as possible but there is no need to cut the pouches open and wash them.
Please note that we do NOT accept things like Capri drink and other drinks – just baby food pouches, even if they are made with similar materials.
13. Cat and dog food packaging - we can accept all plastic dry food and treat packaging and wet food pouches. They MUST be CLEAN and DRY before placing into bag.
We do NOT accept paper bags, tins and aluminium foil tins, cat milk bottles/boxes, cat litter bags and we only accept cat and dog items (not hedgehog/bird/horse/guinea pig/rabbit etc food).
14. Plastic ring carriers.
We do NOT accept just any random type of plastic (we have had glasses with one arm, broken headphones and random clear plastic wraps, you name it!) or fruit bag nets.
15. All Lavazza Eco Caps
We do NOT accept any other brands even if they look the same!
16. All writing instruments (except for wooden pencils and chalk) are accepted. Any brand of pen, felt tip, highlighter, marker, correction fluid pot, correction tape, mechanical pencil and eraser pen regardless of their composition. BOTH FUNCTIONING AND NOT FUNCTIONING.
We do NOT accept glue sticks, batteries, crayons, erasers, rulers or other cutting objects.
17. Ink cartridges. ONLY cartridges NOT toners!
We do NOT accept any laser jet toners!
18. Stamps – any used stamps are welcome. Please put in a separate bag!
19. Foreign coins. What it says on the tin really Please, as with everything, keep it separate in a bag to help us sort.
20. Blister Packaging for tablets, please ensure they are empty. Please put in a separate bag!
If you would be happy to help with the recycling scheme please email us and we will tell you more.
(One wheelie bin for cat/dog pet pouches, One wheelie bin for crisp packets) (Watch out for posts on Horsford Life Facebook page for days when you can take other specific items to Sandra Lumbard & Ashley Hobson)
(Two wheelie bins located near to the checkout area)
NR5 0EH - OPEN (One wheelie bin located by the front door entrance)
(One wheelie bin located in the nearby car park)
(Two blue bins in the carpark on right-hand side as you enter their rear car park area) DO NOT leave if bins are full!
Follow our recycling team on Facebook!
Recycle for Norfolk wildlife